Let’s get HAPPY!
If you REALLY want to accomplish great things in your business, your family and your personal life… then you NEED to make happiness your #1 Goal.
Scientific proof that HAPPINESS makes a difference
Pursuing happiness leads not only to happiness itself, but also to SUCCESS, according to Shawn Achor, author of The Happiness Advantage. “People who cultivate a positive mind-set perform better in the face of challenge,” said Achor. “I call this the ‘happiness advantage’ — every business outcome shows improvement when the brain is positive.”
Use Positive Thinking to get BETTER results… in every area of YOUR life.
A happy face alone does not cause change, but implementing “happiness habits” will cultivate more positive outcomes in business, ease stress, improve physical health, and more.
5 Ways to move more positively through life:
1. Be more MINDFUL. Stay mentally aware of the negative conversations that you are having with yourself… not just about you, but about others. This positive shift in mindset usually results in faster problem solving skills and productivity.
2. Smile and Laugh. Smiling is a powerful antidote to stress, pain, and conflict. Laughter boosts the immune system, releases endorphins and increases blood flow to the heart and brain. Nothing works faster or more dependably to bring your mind and body into balance than these “happy” behaviors.
3. Cultivate Gratitude. Gratitude and appreciation are two powerful weapons that can offset depression and anxiety.
4. Practice Compassion for Others. Performing random acts of kindness is a fast and effective way to boost any mood.
5. Stay Consistent. They say that it takes 21 days to create a habit, so why not challenge yourself to journal about at least 3 positive experiences every day for 3 weeks?
On This show…
Learn how to make HAPPINESS your #1 goal. Lisa Kamen is my fabulous guest and she will be telling us all about THE SCIENCE of HAPPINESS and well being. We’ll be discussing how to be mindful and how to practice positive thinking to overcome daily challenges and lead a more abundant life.
Lisa Cypers Kamen is an applied positive psychology coach, author, host of Harvesting Happiness Talk Radio, documentary filmmaker and lecturer specializing in the fields of sustainable happiness, mindfulness and integrated well being. Lisa’s acclaimed documentary film co-produced with her young daughter, Kayla, “H-Factor…Where is your heart?” explores how people in varied circumstances find, generate and share happiness. Lisa has also published a number of articles and books including, Got Happiness Now?, Are We Happy Yet?, Leadership: Helping Others to Succeed and Reintegration Strategies; focusing on the transformation of Post-Traumatic Stress (PTS) into Post-Traumatic Growth (PTG).
Her next book on sleep and well being will be published in late 2014. In addition to Sleep and Wellness Magazine, her written work is also featured in blogs for the Huffington Post, PositivelyPositive.com and InspireMeToday.com. She is a TEDx speaker and event organizer as well as the Happiness Expert brand ambassador for the Florida Department of Citrus/ Florida Orange Juice in its Take on the Day campaign.
Lisa’s mission is to teach that Happiness is an inside job™ by helping others to end their needless suffering. She coaches clients experiencing trauma, addiction, eating disorders, stress, depression, health conditions and other life challenges using an integrated multidisciplinary pathway to wellness.
Harvesting Happiness for Heroes™ is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation that delivers stigma-free integrated combat trauma recovery services to Veterans and their loved ones.